To prepare our children for school and beyond, we need to work together to promote reading and literacy across our communities. We care about our kids' futures, and we want them to be full of possibility and success.
VAL-YOU READING is a project in the Latrobe Valley focusing on early years education, ensuring our children become strong and confident readers, writers and learners.
THIS COMMUNITY PROJECT NEEDS YOU!
We must all work together if we want to create meaningful change. Families, children of all ages, parents, carers, educators, grandparents, aunties, uncles and neighbours- let's join forces!
We need the support of businesses, governments, maternal and child health centres, community organisations, early childcare centres, schools and all who work with our wonderful kids.
TOGETHER, WE CAN TRANSFORM LITERACY OUTCOMES IN THE VALLEY!
The Early Language and Literacy Program will support our community with:
- Effective reading techniques.
- Pre-literacy strategies, games and activities.
- Skill building workshops.
- Learning resources to support teaching our own children.
- An Australian Skills Quality Authority accredited Certificate IV course.
- Ongoing mentoring support for individuals and sites such as preschool centres and out of-home care sites.
Together, we will:
- Improve the pre-literacy levels of our kids.
- Improve school readiness.
- Increase the skills of educators, parents and community members.
- Build sustainable change and capacity within our community.
- Empower individuals to be their own change makers.
Register for the VAL-YOU Reading Program
Join me up to the Val-YOU Reading Community so I can be part of the program and get a quarterly
newsletter, invitations to events, a welcome pack and a pack for each child 0-8 years who lives in
the Latrobe Valley.